Green Sea Shipbuilding Establishment

Saturday, May 12, 2007

STARDUST RISES AGAIN!!






As Monty Python would say... "And now for something completely different".

Recently, my creative attention has been devoted to building a R/C QUEEN MARY for a friend of mine, and remodeling the house.

As part of the remodeling, I decided to make a SKYSCRAPER to go around my home computer, so the computer tower would be hidden, and a nice piece of "ergonomic architecture" would stand in its place.

To that end, I have created a facsimilie of the late great "STARDUST" hotel in Las Vegas. For 48 years, the Stardust resort stood at the end of the Vegas strip. It closed its doors in Fall 2006 and was imploded in March 2007. I was one of its guests in the final months. Now the STARDUST stands for as long as I like in my home, illuminating the computer room.

STARDUST is lighted by a combination flourescent light (behind the red tissue), black light, and little night lights illuminating the marquee at the top. It even glows of golden glitter, just like the real thing!

Don't worry, the boats will be back, but for now, I couldn't resist sharing my newest and best home skyscraper with everyone. Enjoy!

Barrett Hochhaus
diamondback78@hotmail.com

1 Comments:

At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you may be on to something ,I bet people would buy this .not just the stardust but other building or objects that better suit there space

 

Post a Comment

<< Home