Green Sea Shipbuilding Establishment

Saturday, March 10, 2007

QUEEN VICTORIA SAILS!










Today marked the end of the most dramatic conversion job I have done to any of my R/C models yet. The new R.C.S. QUEEN VICTORIA sailed on her Maiden Voyage at Mercado Lake in Scottsdale, Arizona.

As anticipated, she is a dramatic improvement over her former Zuiderdam self. With that new Cunard funnel, she looked very colorful and dynamic out on the water. It was a spectacular sight! Performance-wise, very little has changed since she was the Zuiderdam. She still has the ability to pick her bow out of the water at maximum speed! I got some wonderful videos, one of which is heading to YOUTUBE later today.

It was a busy day around the lake and many many people (perhaps my biggest crowd yet) enjoyed seeing her make her way to the McDowell Dam and back.

Now active, the Queen Victoria makes a very attractive alternative to the big and bulky passenger ships of the fleet, which of course, was the original maxum for building the ZUIDERDAM back in 2005.

6 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

VERY WELL DONE looks GREAT

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Barrett Hochhaus said...

Thanks Don! Just poured alot more detail onto the top decks like deck chairs and a cage net for the basketball court.

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, everyone can't wait for the real thing - and you've already got the first working model of the ship done! I'm sending this on to the Cunard Steamship Historical Society! P.S. I, too, am married to a Japanese-ish wife (she's from Hawaii - so a mixture.)

Commodore R Warwick

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Barrett Hochhaus said...

Hey Anon! Like your pen name! I have since modified the Crown Vic's Funnel (the one you see in these pics is too large, so I made one more to scale). I will post pics of the latest voyages of her and ECSTASY tommorrow. Look forard to it! Thanks for your comments!

Barrett

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Barrett Hochhaus said...

By the way...

That's not REALLY you, is it Commodore?????

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Barrett Hochhaus said...

Now I think I'm gonna have trouble sleeping. If the REAL Commodore Warwick left a comment on my blog it would be the biggest honor perhaps of my entire life!

Did your wife's family immigrate from Japan or are they native Hawaiian? Do you plan to sail on the real Queen Victoria when she is in service?

P.S. Sorry for wrecking the Queen Mary 2 model. She was a great R/C ship.

Seriously though- To think that Comm. Warwick stopped by my humble page...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home