Green Sea Shipbuilding Establishment

Saturday, March 31, 2007

New looks for Queen Victoria and Ecstasy!









Since their respective constructions, I have had nagging complaints about the appearances of both the Queen Victoria and the Ecstasy. Particularly, the funnels of both seemed to be too large, especially in the case of the Ecstasy.

Therefore, I recently undertook to rebuild portions of both ships. The Queen Victoria was first. Her funnel was reduced about 50 percent from the original size seen on her Maiden Voyage. It made an immediate difference and made her look much more scale and accurate!

The Ecstasy's funnel was ridiculously huge since she was built in 2005. Her new funnel is probably 30-40% the size of her original funnel, and the difference is again enormous!

Now the Ecstasy and Queen Victoria are REALLY ready to have their pictures taken!

Barrett Hochhaus
diamondback78@hotmail.com

4 Comments:

At 1:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello again ,well summer is not here yet but spring is and that means spring clean up and setup of my backyard(my pond) so over the next month or so not much boat building
or sailing .seeing your boats in the water makes the work and wait easier.So keep up the great work

 
At 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello have not heard from you in awhile looking forward to your next update.I have been busy cleaning my pond and getting ready for new season so I can try out my updated boats.take care talk latter.
email modelboatman2@hotmail.com

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you sell your boats

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger Barrett Hochhaus said...

Currently, I don't have any available for sale, though that may change in the coming months. I can do commissions, but unless it's a small boat, (3-4 feet long) it would probably be about $1000-$2000 complete. thanks for your interest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home