Green Sea Shipbuilding Establishment

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Technical problems scrub joint sailing



Saturday, February 3rd was supposed to see a wonderful voyage of the 2 QUEENS, Mary and Elizabeth together at last on the water.

Unfortunately, when I finally placed them in the water at Mercado Lake in Scottsdale on Saturday afternoon, the Queen Elizabeth refused to move. Switching batteries did nothing and I sat dumbfounded as I reluctantly replaced the ships in my vehicle and went home with my tail between my legs. My best friend Nathan was to sail the Lizzie while I took the Mary. It would have been grand...

After getting back to the shop, I tried switching the electronic speed controller and Nathan noticed that a metal bar I had built into the motor mount may be shorting out the motor. I removed the bar and sure enough, the motor ran freely!

So, we took the Lizzie to Chapparral Lake with the BATTLESHIP MUSASHI and tried to sail between the fishing lines.

Well, the problems returned and the Lizzie was soon just as dead as she was at Mercado. Perhaps the motor is fried?

Any suggestions from fellow boaters would be appreciated.

Anyway, I did manage to get a couple of pics of the Musashi and Lizzie together as well as a tantalizing pic of the Mary and Lizzie together on the shore.

Better luck on February 17.

Barrett Hochhaus
diamondback78@hotmail.com

1 Comments:

At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello; technical problems WE ALL have them now and then.

from what you say if the motor runs with no strange sounds,and turns freely buy hand then the motor is most likly OK .
The speed controler (esc)
if it was shorted for a long time its termo sensure my be damaged.the cheaper the uint then most likly maybe.
but dont forget the connectors with a shorted motor the plastic can melt between pins .my bigger boats draw as much as 30 amps per motor and with 4 motors per boat you can see I have had connector problems (total melt down)

hope this helps if not let me know may have more ideas

your BOATS LOOK SUPER

well my pics are not the best but check out my lastest project a 5.5 foot TUG boat made of cardboard fiberclassed and know working on wood detail on deck

well got to go WORK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home