Green Sea Shipbuilding Establishment

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

TITANIC set for Maiden Voyage





When the R.C.S. OLYMPIC was built in June 2006, it was always expected that she could and would be converted to TITANIC after several voyages. Now the time has come and in the space of an hour, I transformed the Olympic into the Titanic. This was done by adding the enclosing wall to the forward 1/3 of the A deck promanade on both sides. I made the walls out of acid free cardpaper and drew in the windows by hand.

Now, the Titanic steams toward her Maiden Voyage at Dobson Lake on January 20th. Hopefully, she makes more voyages than her namesake!

It's going to be an incredible day I'm sure. A meeting of all known ocean liners in the area, the Maiden Voyage of the QUEEN ELIZABETH, and of course, the first meeting of the QUEEN MARY and ELIZABETH! Good luck TITANIC!

Barrett Hochhaus
diamondback78@hotmail.com

4 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

one would think you like ocean liners and cruise ships HaHa.I cannt wait to see what you build next.have you built the largest cruise ship yet.as you can tell I like big ships as well but storge is becoming a problem 7 to 8 foot ships do take up a lot of space.I
have plans to build three more WWII battleships but frist I need to build a new boat house for storge.well take care and I will be looking out for your next update

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I think the largest cruise ship to date is FREEDOM of The Seas

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Barrett Hochhaus said...

Actually, yes and no. I built the Queen Mary 2 when she was the biggest (see my chapter on QM2). I may not have an update again until January 20, but boy it'll be a BIG one!

Barrett

 
At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home