Green Sea Shipbuilding Establishment

Saturday, October 29, 2005

ZUIDERDAM SUCCESSFUL!

The R.C.S. Zuiderdam sailed this morning, overcoming all the problems that plagued her maiden voyage last weekend. No water in the boat, tight motor-prop coupling.

Early this morning, after I dropped my wife off at school where she teaches, I took the Zuiderdam to McCormick Lake, where I intended to sail.

Unfourtunately, it was too windy in much of Scottsdale. So, I drove to Indian School Lake where the wind is usually more tame due to the geography of the lake.

Sure enough, it was within tolerance for the Zuiderdam.

I am happy to say that I have resolved the ballast issue as well. One brick is placed on either side of the hull fore and aft of the ship's center of gravity. I had to push one brick further back because of the CD player (which played Warren Zevon).

I got lots of nice pictures and I hope you enjoy them below!

Barrett Hochhaus
diamondback78@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home